banner image

Do’s and Don’t’s in a Vocal Audition



“….Tsamina mina eh eh
Waka waka eh eh
Tsamina mina zangalewa

This time for Africa…” Hey! I’m just practising a song for my upcoming vocal audition. Sounds great right?! Yeah! I’m so excited. As I’m going to perform on stage, you know, I’m taking care of my throat so much. I’m avoiding many cold drinks or cold food to intake.

Do you have any experience in a vocal audition or are you waiting for such music competition to perform on stage? No worries! I’ll give you some ideas to maintain your throat before and during the vocal audition. So, are you ready? Come, let’s go!

Intake But Not Much


We all have a habit, what that is, if we join in a competition, we won’t practice properly to perform on stage. Otherwise, after the whole practice, we won’t take care of our health which affects during the performance day. You are now smiling right as I’m pointing out correctly what you did in your past. See, for a singer, a balanced diet is very much essential. Foods like lean meat, very good quality fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grain bread, brown rice can be taken, what I meant is normal hygienic food. I think now you got it!

Forget Them to Perform

I’m telling you to forget all your mouth-watering foods. Some may get allergy of mucus or dryness in the throat; they shall avoid those allergy fruits a few hours before the audition. Also, be careful about sensitive foods to your voice like dairy, caffeine, spicy foods, softer and ice drinks, refined sugars, alcohol (like wine, beer), all kinds of chocolates. Drink more amount of water several hours before the performance to get hydrated, you have to. But don’t intake, much which leads to urgency in bathroom breaks, which happens usual, for me too! hehe!

How Do I Look Like?


Have you experienced a situation like expecting more about the function and dressing up so fantastic, but unfortunately the opposite happens and we look odd in that function? Do you? I had many! It’s okay, don’t laugh! What I come to mention is the outfit. Audition is similar to performing in an interview. The expectation is more towards the performer by the judges as they are selecting the best performer. Wear a good looking and smart dress, but not a tight or non-comfortable dress. Not only the performance but also the outer appearance, I mean the outfit, is also necessarily important.

Express Yourself


You know, sometimes we do mistakes like showing our attitude on the performance unknowingly instead of performing. What that is, when we are going to perform something new, especially when we are nervous, we tend to perform but that won’t happen. Right?! One of the mistakes is doing choreography in a vocal audition, as, we came for a dance competition. Movements are required to express yourself but not through strong dance movements. Don’t beg for another chance and don’t apologize for your health to perform. Be true and be you! It’s going so sentimental right! Okay okay! Come back!

Put Together


Hard work is a word, which many don’t like to execute. Are you expecting that I’m going to tell, myself too? If you do think, sorry! That’s not the answer. I like hard work. But planning to do such hard works or practices where many of us face problems, including me. If you need to perform you must plan, even after planning we suffer to execute it. So planning and executing are difficult. But the practice is necessary. Why practice is necessary? Cause, to avoid stammering, fear, body and voice shivering on the stage. The target towards the goal leads to a lot of practices that will lead to success when putting together plan and execution. To express in quotes, “Accept the bitter to make life better.” Okay! I understand, control yourself!

Get Free Vocal Lessons


I know many are interested in learning vocal music however, your affordable time and cost would let you down to learn your lessons. But if you get vocal lessons in your place and time at a free of cost, how would it be? Sounds awesome right! Here is the way, Online Music Classroom is now providing you with free vocal lessons in both Western and Carnatic lessons in a professional way with well-trained tutors. 

Unbelievable right! Yes! Get free vocal music lessons and many other exciting freebies by joining the online music classroom.

Freedom To Learn Music

Here is where I got my training in vocal music. The place where future musicians come to get inspired. To learn music online, check out ONLINE MUSIC CLASSROOM, Freedom To Learn Music. Online Music Classroom is a platform to learn pianos, electronic keyboards, guitar and much more with free vocal class. Friendly and supportive music teachers who are perfect to teach and it is a perfect platform to get trained.

You are provided with an opportunity of buying musical instruments on Amazon. This is awesome! Even, I bought my keyboard through their suggestions. It is good to practice. Teachers are well-trained experts with good knowledge to handle from beginner to advanced level skill students. They teach us not only by practical but also by theoretical.

If you have any music-based topics to learn more about, tell us in the comments below:
Do’s and Don’t’s in a Vocal Audition Do’s and Don’t’s in a Vocal Audition Reviewed by Goldsmth on November 08, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Labels Max-Results No.

Powered by Blogger.